Wednesday, October 15, 2008

love is a mix tape

I love mix cds. I have probably over 100 at home and on my computer and ipod. They can put you in a certain mood with the music on them. I have made a lot of the past few years, but my favorite ones are the ones that are made for me.

It's special when someone makes a mix cd for you, it shows that in some romantic, funny, or other way, that person is thinking of you. And it's nice to be thought of.

My friends and I used to make them for each other for birthdays and holidays. They were my favorite gifts, and still are. I would be content with only getting mix cds as gifts from now on, I love them that much.

My birthday is in a couple of weeks, so I celebrated with the people at home. MY boyfriend got me some pretty awesome gifts. He also made me a mix cd. It made my weekend. I love seeing what songs he puts on there that make him think of me. But enough mushy stuff!

Rob Sheffield is a writer for Rolling Stone and a music geek. He wrote the book Love is a Mix Tape. The book uses about 15 different songs to tell about a very special relationship he had with a punk-rock girl named Renee.

I haven't read the book yet, but will have an update/reaction when I do.

Until then, I'm going to keep making, getting and listening to mix cds, because they really are love.

No comments: