Thursday, October 2, 2008

How many Idols are there?

I'm not going to lie, I like reality tv. There's something about watching people make fools out of themselves, that just really brightens my day.

But really, how many more does there need to be?

American Idol is in it's what seems like 18th season, and I have to ask, how many idols can there really be? Most of them turn out to be one hit wonders, and sometimes the runner-up ends up doing better than the winner! I understand there are a lot of talented people in America, but they don't all need a chance to be and Idol.

This goes not only for Idol, but for many other reality shows. How many survivors can there be? Or how many times can people dance with the stars?

TV producers need to go back to the basics and stop trying to exploit hundreds of people. Yes my guilty pleasures would be gone, but then I would be able to watch reruns of Full House and Mary Tyler Moore. And I am ok with that.

No comments: