Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Streetlights are Always On

I've said it a hundred times, and I'll say it again, I have been to a lot of shows.

And everytime I go to a really amazing one, I'll try to think of the top five best shows I've been to. It's pretty much impossible. I have been to dozens of incredible shows and each time I go to another one, the list gets bigger.

The list got bigger on October 12, 2008. At the World Famous Agora Ballroom in Cleveland, OH, I got the opportunity to see one of the craziest shows ever.

Ska band Streetlight Manifesto tore the ballroom up, for lack of a better word. From beginning to end the intensity of the crowd and band were non-stop. The crowd had the 7-piece covered on they lyrics too, knowing every single word.

To someone like me who enjoys the band, but doesn't know every lyric, the show was actually intimidating.

Every person that came out of the giant mosh pit was covered in sweat (both theirs' and other peoples') and sometimes blood. My boyfriend suffered bruises to his legs and a sore neck from jumping around.

I stood off to the side and watched the chaos. Had I been in the pit, I would have broken something, no doubt.

Even though it was a scary show, the band really performs and I would definitely see them again, and maybe make my way into the pit.

No comments: