Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Burn Up or Shut Up


Over the summer I fell in love with the Jonas Brothers. I own their CD's and have giant poster proudly hanging in my room. Yes, this may make me lame or a sell-out, whatever. They are truly talented musicians.

Pretty much everyday I hear a new complaint or insult about the Jo Bros. And I have come to the conclusion that the people who make fun of them are just jealous. These three young men are making more money than most of us ever will in our lifetime, and they are making good music that millions of people love. And so what if they're on the Disney Channel, they're on MTV and still get made fun of. And most people grew up watching the Disney Channel anyways.

Their music is aimed mostly at teenage girls, but myself and most of my friends rock out to 'Burnin' Up' in the car, and were 20. Their music is clean also, there is no swearing, or inappropriate content, so parents can be happy their children like them.

Some people can't even let them get away with being pure. Russell Brand, the host of the 2008 Video Music Awards on MTV, made fun of them for wearing purity rings. While I don't wear one myself, it's wrong to make fun of someone for a choice like that, and made him look like an idiot.

For all of the haters, either burn up, or shut up. It's ok if you don't like them, but don't knock them for living the American Dream, because you would too if you could.

No comments: