Monday, September 15, 2008

Cleveland-Ohio's Music Capital



As I have said before, I have been to a lot of concerts in the past few years. One thing I've noticed is that in Cleveland (my hometown), there are more concerts than in Columbus and Cincinnati. I find this odd because being from Cleveland, I don't think of it as being a large booming city with a huge musical following.



Every time I am on www.ticketmaster.com I look for concerts in the Cleveland/Akron area and also the Columbus area, since it is closest to Marietta. And every time I am surprised to see that Cleveland remains dominant.



Just because Cleveland has more doesn't always mean they're better. Some bands do not go to every city and play, sometimes they only go to one of the major cities (Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati). This has resulted in quite a few road trips to see the bands I want to see.

As surprising as it is though, it makes me happy that my city really is the music capital of Ohio.

No comments: