Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Concert Going 101 The Final Instalment

Well here it is, the third and final instalment of Concert Going 101. I hope that everyone has learned something and they will put these tips to good use in the future.

Another thing that bothers me is when people wear a shirt of the band they are going to see. Obviously we know you like that band or you would not have spent money on a ticket to their show.

It's cool you want to promote and show love for the band, but do it at school, or the mall, just not the show.

Also if you buy a shirt from the show, good job! You are helping out the band and that is always cool. Here's a tip, if its an opening band or a lesser known band buy their stuff, it will be cheaper and people will wonder about who the band is on your shirt.

But if you buy a shirt from the show, and then put it on right after you buy it, that's lame. It will most likely get sweaty and gross from just being at the show and then you have to wash it before you can wear it. And do not just fling it over your shoulder and expect to have it at the end of the night, I have acquired many shirts that way.

If you're worried about losing your merch, loop the shirt through your belt loops, even if someone tries to grab it, you will feel it. You can also wait until the end of the show to buy stuff.

My last annoyance is doubling up band t-shirts and hoodies. I find no real reason for anyone to have to wear the same band on a shirt and sweatshirt, at the same time. Spice up your life a bit, and wear two different bands, it will make you seem more musically inclined.


Well that's all I have for my concert guidelines, but have no fear I'll keep posting my musical insight.

1 comment:

Reece Churilla said...

Yeah, I get annoyed when everyone wears a band's merch for the show. I always try to spice it up to let the band know, as well as the other fans, that I have a refined sense of taste. I'll never forget my experience at a VNV Nation show when Ronan, the vocalist and lead programmer, looked at my TOOL shirt and made the announcement that he was happy that his music attracts a variety of fans here in the states. Of course, I bought a VNV industrial jacket when it was all said and done. =D