Tuesday, November 25, 2008

i've got friends who...

The semester is almost done and I have not yet decided if I will keep blogging on here or not. I will no longer have to do it for class, but I have found this pretty enjoyable. When I first heard we would have to blog, I was apprehensive. Now that I have been doing this all semester, it's pretty enjoyable.

In case you couldn't tell from my posts, music is pretty much my life. That is why I chose it for my blog topic. I could not think of anything else that I was more passionate or knew more about than music. If we would have been assigned a topic, I would have been less apt to keep up with the posts, and my writing for them would be under par. I think that with this blog I have written some of my best work, I even got a post published in my school newspaper.

The title of my blog is la la lie. It is a Jack's Mannequin song. The lead singer, Andrew McMahon was originally part of Something Corporate, one of my favorite bands. His current band started as a side project and is now as big and SC was.

Since I liked Something Corporate so much, I didn't want them to not make music anymore. So I didn't listen to Jack's Mannequin. I had heard their first sigle Mixed Tape and like it, but never listened further.

It wasn't until I saw Paramore in concert this past August that I fell in love with JM. They opened for Paramore, and I was hooked. I had an old iTunes gift card and bought their album. I didn't stop listening for about a week.

The day we had to set up our blogs I was stumped on a name. La la lie had been stuck in my head all day, so I went for it. It just flows nicely.

I don't really know what the song means, but I love the lyrics.

I couldn't write a blog about music without having a musical title.

No comments: