Friday, November 14, 2008

Open Mic Night

As I stated in an earlier blog, I am the Music Chair for my school.

For one of my programs I did an Open Mic Night. It was held last night and was very successful.

We have done Open Mic Nights in the past and the people who perform and attend usually enjoy themselves. This Open Mic was different from all the other ones we have had in the past. This one was for charity.

We worked together with our Service Advisory Board to get donations for local food banks. We had a poetry and music category. There was one winner from each category.

The winners were determined by how many votes they received. The votes were counted as 1 non-parishable food item or $1.

There were 94 votes counted and out of that, $28 was raised. The total amount of food raised was 215lbs!

The show was fun in many ways, I love seeing the talent we have on campus, and I like doing things for charity.

Next semester we hope to have a talent show, where people can display more of their talents.

No comments: