Tuesday, November 4, 2008

You Can Have Whatever You Like

The T.I. song was our theme for NACA.

NACA is a giant conference for all of the college programming boards in the Mid-West. The purpose of it is to see showcases of bands, musicians, comedians, and special acts perform so schools can book them to come to their schools.

We were there Wednesday-Sunday. And we were BUSY! Everyday we started at 9am and didn't finish things until about 12:30am.

The conference was a blast though. Even though it was busy, it was fun. We went to a few boring educational sessions, but most of our time was devoted to watching performers and getting to hang out with them, and getting so much free stuff. I know, it sounds horrible right? I even got to meet Mr. Belding. If you don't know who that is, brush up on your 90s pop culture.

We booked some pretty sweet acts for the Spring semester, if I do say so myself.

It was especially great to get to know the other people on the board better over the five days. The stories and inside jokes we have, are priceless.

I also got to celebrate my 21st birthday at NACA. I thought this was going to be horrible and not fun, but it was the complete opposite. It was pretty cool to go to the bar with the performers.

There were a lot of schools at this particular conference. We were able to meet some interesting people. I even got to meet Chi Omegas (my sorority) from other schools.

I had an amazing time at the conference and cannot wait to go next year.

No comments: